We aim to provide distinguished medical education.
To provide a distinguished medical education, innovative research and community services, within a framework of ethics and values of the profession.
The competent, effective, and compassionate care of patients and the advancement of knowledge about the disease and its prevention and treatment require that medical students in training be introduced to a lifelong educational process in the practice of medicine. Medicine Program provides a critical phase of this education. The goals of the Medicine Program include educating students who should achieve the highest ethical and performance standards required to provide exemplary patient care, and who will assume leadership roles in the areas of clinical medicine, research, and teaching.
Online Marketing / Unsplash
Qualifications offered by the Program in Medicine is a Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). The length of the program is 7 years (which includes a preparatory year). All students are eligible to practice medicine in the country after passing the Saudi Licensing Examination (SLE).
After being eligible for admission to the Medicine program, it is comprised of five years for undergraduate teaching and one internship year for the clinical training. Students cannot graduate until he/she passed successfully the fifth year and thereafter the internship year evaluation.
The Medicine Program follows traditional teaching. Throughout the first two years, students study the basic sciences such as Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, and Biochemistry. The third year is considered as the preclinical year where the students study more relevant subjects to a clinical career such as Pathology, Pharmacology, and Microbiology with some other specialties. The fourth and fifth years are the clinical years where the students study Surgery, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology. The clinical training for these subjects is conducted through the hospitals of the Ministry of Health in Jeddah namely King Fahd Hospital, King Abdul Aziz Hospital, Al Azizzia Hospital, and Al Mosadiah Hospital. The students throughout the internship year will have their clinical training at these hospitals as well.
Theoretical teaching is mainly through lectures; with interactive participation of students throughout the lectures by frequently providing case studies and case scenarios. The main teaching methods in the practical and clinical sessions relies on problem-solving by providing incidental cases and encouraging brainstorming and critical thinking.
Medicine Program consists of:
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Community Medicine
- Skills Lab Unit
- Medical Education Unit
Career Path / Advice
All students are eligible to practice medicine in the country after passing the Saudi Licensing Examination (SLE).
- They can practice as General Practitioners in the hospitals, clinics and outpatient departments.
- They can work in an Emergency Department and ICU.
- They can do Residency and Post-graduation work in all the specialties of Medicine.
- They can work as Teaching Faculty / Academics.
- They can be Researchers.
First and Second Year
- ANTMD 201 Anatomy & Histology I
- ANTMD 202 Anatomy & Histology II
- BCHMD 201 Biochemistry I
- BCHMD 202 Biochemistry II
- PHYSMD 201 Physiology I
- PHYSMD 202 Physiology II
- MTMD 201 Medical Terminology I
- MTMD 202 Medical Terminology II
- PSYMD 201 Basic Psychology
- BCSMD 201 Basic Clinical Skills I
- BCSMD 202 Basic Clinical Skills II
- MD 201 Medical Ethics
- ANTMD 301 Anatomy & Histology III & Embryology I
- ANTMD 302 Anatomy IV & Embryology II
- BCHMD 301 Biochemistry III
- BCHMD 302 Biochemistry IV
- PHYSMD 301 Physiology III
- PHYSMD 302 Physiology IV
- BCSMD 301 Basic Clinical Skills III
- BCSMD 302 Basic Clinical Skills IV
- PATMD 401 Pathology I
- PATMD 402 Pathology II
- PHAMD 401 Medical Pharmacology I
- PHAMD 402 Medical Pharmacology II
- MICMD 401 Microbiology I
- MICMD 402 Microbiology II
- IMMMD 401 Immunology
- MD 401 Human Genetics
- MD 404 Clinical Chemistry
- MD 407 Medical Research & Biometric Information
- MD 402 ENT
- MD 403 Ophthalmology
- BCSMD 401 Basic Clinical Skills V
- BCSMD 402 Basic Clinical Skills VI
- MD 405 Psychiatry
- MD 406 Forensic Medicine
- TOXMD 401 Toxicology
- MD 501 Internal Medicine I
- MD 502 Internal Medicine II
- MD 503 Surgery I
- MD 504 Surgery II
- MD 601 OB/GYNE I
- MD 602 OB/GYNE II
- MD 603 Pediatrics I
- MD 604 Pediatrics II
- RADMD 601 Radiology I
- RADMD 602 Radiology II
- MD 605 Community Medicine I
- MD 606 Community Medicine II
- MD 607 Dermatology & Venerology
- MD 608 Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
- MD 609 Family Medicine
Seventh Year: Internship Rotation
- MD 701 General Surgery
- MD 702 General Medicine
- MD 703 Obstetrics & Gynecology
- MD 704 Pediatrics
- MD 705 Emergency Medicine
- MD 706 Elective
- MD 707 Elective
Rules of Registration and Admission
- Registration & Admission will be granted on a “First Qualified, first-served” basis.
- It is mandatory for all applicants to register online.
- Online registration is not the confirmation of admission. Acceptance of admission will be confirmed after passing the personal interview. Applicants failing the interview cannot get admission to BMC.
- BMC will not accept any document without online registration. Applicants have to attach all required documents (High school certificate, Diploma certificate, Transcript, copy of Saudi ID /Iqama, copy of passport, pictures, etc) on the online portal.
- BMC will not accept medically unfit applicants.
- Four types of applicants can apply in BMC:
- Saudi high school applicant(s) (Saudi curriculum)
- International high school applicant(s) (International curriculum)
- Bridging applicant(s)(Diploma applicants)
- University/College transfer applicant(s) (Undergraduate applicants)
- All applicant(s) will have to go through a personal interview at the BMC campus.
- BMC will invite the eligible applicant(s) for a personal interview at any time during the registration period.
- BMC will send an email for the interview. If the applicant(s) don't receive any emails within two weeks after online registration then the applicant(s) must visit the college.
- The registration fee must be paid before the interview. For refunding registration fees, refer to the “Fee Refund” procedure.
- Applicant(s) having an international curriculum will go through the BET (Batterjee Entrance Test) before the interview.
- Applicant(s) must bring the registration fee receipt and the “online registration code” at the time of the interview.
- Interview result can be notified to the applicant(s) through SMS and/or email on registered contact information.
- Applicant(s) should bring their original High school certificate and original Saudi ID/Iqama to show their identity at the time of the interview.
- Applicant(s) have to inform BMC in case of their absence from the interview, otherwise, the interview will be canceled.
Upon getting an email of “Acceptance of admission”, the applicant(s) must follow the below rules otherwise the seat will be canceled:
- Visit BMC for proper enrollment in the system within the given time period.
- Pay the first-semester tuition fee.
- Submit original high school certificate/Transcript/ Diploma certificate.
- Submit BMC medical report (Registration fee is not refundable for medically unfit students).
- Submit a copy of Saudi ID/Iqama and passport.
- Submit six passport size pictures.
About the School
BMC is considered one of the first private specialized medical college offering a variety of majors in Saudi Arabia and one of the newest and largest private medical colleges in the Middle East. BMC a ... Read More