Biomedical Engineering (BME) is the application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology for healthcare purposes (e.g. diagnostic or therapeutic). BME is advancing rapidly and producing important innovations that improve our quality of life. The BME Program at PPU was founded in 1997 to maintain pace with global developments in the fields of technology pertaining to healthcare and biomedical equipment. The first of its kind in Palestine, the BME Program leads to a B.Sc. degree in Biomedical Engineering. The curriculum has been prepared to fit the needs of the local medical community; therefore, it focuses on medical instruments and their uses in addition to development and maintenance.
BME Program Objectives
- Offering specialized higher education in established and emerging disciplines of science and technology.
- Providing the Palestinian health sector with biomedical engineers that have scientific theory skills and the ability to provide maintenance services for medical equipment.
- Preparing properly trained human resources in areas of science and technology, with particular emphasis on quality programs.
- Expanding graduate studies and supporting scientific research and professional studies in the pursuit of promoting community service and bilateral links with industry.
- Developing student personality traits of national pride and professional ethics via a balanced program that is rich with extracurricular activities envisaged to form an integral part of student life on campus.
About the School
Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) has witnessed quantum leaps in a short three-decade time during which it had been developed from a community college with few scattered buildings and limited pro ... Read More