Health Care Administration
As the nation’s health care industry continues to grow, Midway University students look to our Health Care Administration program to gain a broad knowledge of health care policy and financing, including leadership and management skills.
Healthcare administrators will increasingly play an important role in keeping the community healthy and the system efficient. Midway’s program allows students to pursue careers in administration and management in any type of health care organization as well as prepare for advanced degrees such as an MHA or MBA.
Our Health Care Administration program is a participant in ACHE’s Higher Education Network.
How can a health care administration degree work for you? The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics office estimates that the health care and social assistance sector will generate 5.0 million new jobs between 2012 and 2022, nearly one-third of the total projected increase in jobs, largely in response to rapid growth in the elderly population. (source: www.bls.gov)
Individuals with a degree in health care administration often work with a variety of health care, government, and public health organizations and can serve in such roles as:
- Occupational Safety and Health Inspector
- Hospital, Clinic, or Dental Office Administrator
- Social Welfare, Hospice, or Nursing Home Administrator
- Hospital CEO or CFO
- Health Advocate, Economist, or Public Health Inspector
- Government Lobbyist
- 17:1: Student-to-faculty ratio
- Affordability: 90% of students receive some form of financial assistance
- Support: Meet faculty face-to-face to get in-person assistance
A Peek Inside Our Program
You will earn your Health Care Administration degree by completing 120 credit hours.
Recommended minimum criteria:
- GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test results are required.
- Students achieving a grade of C or higher in a college-level English course at a US college or university can waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
- Equivalent SAT score in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS
- TOEFL of 500 written, 173 (computer version), 61 (internet-based), or score of 6.0 bands on the IELTS, or a Duolingo English Test score of 85 or higher are required minimum scores for admission.
About the School
Midway University, located in Midway, Kentucky, is a private, non-profit liberal arts college, founded in 1847 by Dr. Lewis L. Pinkerton, as the first school in the United States to serve orphaned and ... Read More