Medical and Health Services Management
Take Your Career to the Next Level
The Medical and Health Services Management bachelor's degree provides health care practitioners, holding an associate's degree in an allied health field, with the skills and competencies needed to function as managers and supervisors in healthcare settings.
Learn from industry-experienced faculty who have firsthand understanding of the strategies, tactics, and every-day demands of their field.
The program core provides a foundation in management and human resources, as well as specifics on healthcare law and bioethics, quality improvement, project management, economics, evidence-based practice and research, policy, and leadership. Specializations allow customization of the program to your chosen career path, with each specialization offering electives in teaching and adult learning:
- Medical Assisting: focusing on management of a medical practice, including accounting and billing procedures, and informatics.
- Surgical First Assistant: includes a capstone project focusing on current topics in surgical assisting, coding and reimbursement practices, and informatics.
- Surgical Technology: including organizational behavior, public health statistics, and informatics.
- Health Information Management: focusing on advanced healthcare informatics, information governance, revenue management and compliance, and healthcare data analytics.
- General Healthcare: select from courses in management, accounting and billing, inter-professional healthcare collaboration, principals of marketing, research and report writing, and informatics.
Prepare to Become a Leader in the Medical Field
"In the ANU Medical and Health and Service Management Program you’ll gain the relevant, real-world skills that you need to advance in your career."
eLearning Through ANU
At American National University, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to further their education and achieve their career goals. We offer busy students in bachelor and graduate programs the option of taking classes through our convenient eLearning platform. As an ANU eUniversity student, you'll receive the same career-focused education and personal attention from our faculty and staff that students receive in our classrooms, including academic advising, mentoring, and career services. The only difference is you can choose when to study so that it works with your schedule, leaving you more flexibility to balance life's priorities.
Cost & Disclosure Information:
NOTE: This program is offered 100% Online through ANU eUniversity in many States. Please chat with Admissions to learn more about program availability in your State.