The degree program Nursing aims at training nurses who understand the principles, theories and methods of nursing, have broad knowledge of nursing science, and who are able to independently and critically evaluate the nursing needs of healthy persons and chronically ill people with different somatic and mental health diseases, and develop a greater sense of both personal and professional value systems.
- 4 years
- BSc in Health Sciences, General Practice Nurse
- 240 ECTS credits
- 4,200 EUR per year
- Taught in English
After graduation, you can
- Apply for a license to practice nursing;
- Continue your education by entering a master’s programs;
- Work as a general practice nurse at different public and private health care institutions providing health care services at all three care levels.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: Humanitarian-Social Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Health Care, Nursing Techniques.
- Year 2: Environment and Health Sciences, Nursing, Basics of Clinical Subjects.
- Year 3: Adult Nursing, Pedagogic Module, Nursing Administration and Research Work.
- Year 4: Special Nursing, Geriatric Nursing, Final Clinical Practice Examination, Preparation and Defence of Bachelor’s Thesis.
At the end of each semester, students perform clinical training that is part of the development of practical skills. The competencies, which are expected to be achieved during clinical training, corresponding to the EU directives 2005/36/EC and 2013/55/EU.
Why study Nursing at LSMU?
- Clinical skills developed in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States.
- Diploma recognized in the EU.
- The multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU.
- Possibility to spend a semester abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"Coming to study to Kaunas was an opportunity and a challenge in one. Looking back after living here for more than three years makes me smile. Of course, there were some obstacles to overcome but they are outweighed easily by the many international friends who have become my family. Abstract medical concepts have become clear thanks to the problem-based learning approach applied at the University and the country has changed from "somewhere in eastern Europe" to a place worth living in." - Alan Bareiss
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More