Title: Master's Degree in Healthy Aging and Quality of Life, from the University of León and the University of the Basque Country
Responsible center: Faculty of Health Sciences
Centers where it is taught: Faculty of Health Sciences ULE and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry (UPV / EHU)
Type of teaching: On-site
Number of new entry places offered: 15
Languages in which the title is taught: Spanish
C1.- Design epidemiological studies, as well as develop and validate data collection instruments, train the personnel in charge of collecting the data and supervise the field work, knowing how to manage a database and perform the appropriate statistical analyzes to answer the questions research.
C2.- Carry out a systematic review and synthesis of the literature in a research field potentially financed by a public or private research agency, as well as writing potentially publishable manuscripts in renowned scientific journals.
C3.- Apply the epidemiological method in the investigation of the causes of the diseases, in the sanitary management and in the clinical management of the elderly.
C4.- Incorporate scientific research and evidence-based practice as a professional culture in Health Sciences and in the socio-sanitary disciplines related to the elderly.
C5.- Act as professionals in the field of socio-health care, performing their duties at a level of excellence in academic institutions, assistance, social and population centers and in the professional practice of caring for the elderly in dependent centers of Public administrations
A1.- Update knowledge about theories about the normal aging process and the pathophysiology of the aging process.
A2.- Update knowledge about the most prevalent and incident pathology in the elderly, and the pathophysiology and pathogenesis of diseases and conditions in older adults.
A3.- To know the actions of professionals in the social and health field, the exercise and assistance of the elderly.
A4.- Know the revitalization methodology applied in the elderly and design intervention plans to improve the quality of life of the elderly.
A5.- Know the care methodology applied to the elderly and design intervention plans to improve the quality of life of the elderly.
A6.- Collaborate in the design of the multidisciplinary intervention plan for the socio-health management of the elderly, and design intervention plans for socio-health care and specific physical exercise programs for the elderly affected by the most frequent pathologies.
A7.- Intervene in health promotion, disease prevention and dependency care in the elderly population, from all socio-health aspects.
A8.- Know and apply the protocols and procedures applied to the healthcare and socio-health reality.
A9 Critical and communicative competence to publicly elaborate and defend explanations and arguments and thesis according to different theoretical-practical perspectives regarding healthy aging and the quality of life of the elderly.
A10.- Research competence to develop a monographic work based on a prior interest and a logical and communicable methodological process.
A11.- Ability to acquire scientific information related to the subject of study, to organize it, analyze it critically and elaborate synthesis of its content, as well as to design a strategic planning of it, and develop skills for the management of computer and scientific instruments.
A12.- Update the knowledge about the sources and tools of study of related disciplines (Geography, Demography, Development Cooperation, etc.) with the field of study and know the appropriate methodology for practical development and incorporate the information to better understand the environments of the population, greater and thus be able to intervene in the improvement of health and their quality of life.
A13.- Ability to criticize, apply and select results of applied research in exercise psychology and sports in older people, as well as ability to describe and execute experimental designs.
A14.- Know and manage scientific information and use meta-analysis techniques as a synthesis strategy of the relevant information about the methodological strategies of measurement and evaluation of the influence of physical activity and the exercise in older people on different psychological parameters and on lifestyles, as well as knowing different psychological questionnaires related to sports psychology and learning to select the most appropriate ones according to the objectives of the study.
A15.- Know the possibilities of technologies (ICTs, networks, online platforms, robotics, etc.,) in the field of health, exercise and assistance to the elderly.
Access and admission
Royal Decree 861/2010, of July 2, which modifies Royal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, which establishes the organization of official university education, establishes:
In relation to ACCESS (Article 16):
- In order to access the official Master's teachings it will be necessary to be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education belonging to another State that is part of the European Higher Education Area that empowers the same for access to teaching of Master's
- Likewise, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for the approval of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that In the issuing country, they are entitled to access postgraduate education. The access by this route will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that the interested party is in possession, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of taking the Master's teachings.
In relation to ADMISSION (Article 17):
- Students may be admitted to a Master's degree according to the specific requirements and criteria for assessing merits that, where appropriate, are specific to the University Master's degree or established by the university.
- The University will include the procedures and requirements for admission to the curriculum, which may include training supplements in some disciplines, depending on the previous training accredited by the student. These training supplements may be part of the Master's degree provided that the total number of credits to be taken does not exceed 120. In any case, whether or not they are part of the Master's Degree, the credits corresponding to the training supplements will have, for the purpose of public and concession prices of scholarships and study aids the consideration of Master level credits.
- These systems and procedures should include, in the case of students with specific educational needs derived from disability, the appropriate support and counseling services, which will assess the need for possible curricular adaptations, itineraries or alternative studies.
- The admission will not imply, in any case, any modification of the academic effects and, where appropriate, professionals that correspond to the previous title that the interested party is in possession, nor their recognition for other purposes than that of pursuing Master's teaching.
About the School
Existen al menos diez razones para escoger León como destino académico aunque estamos seguros de que tú encontrarás muchas más.