First interdisciplinary master's degree in Spain in the area of ​​orthopedic manual therapy, pioneers in tackling pain from pharmacology, psychology and manual therapy.
The Master's Degree in Orthopedic Manual Therapy in the Treatment of Pain of the Universidad Europea presents an ambitious plan of studies within the biopsychosocial theory, based on the latest manual therapeutic methods, motor control, therapeutic exercises and cognitive-behavioral methods.
For more than 10 years, this program has demonstrated its quality and effectiveness in training professionals who work improving rehabilitation processes. Now, you can be part of the next generation.
Upon completion of the master's degree, you will also have the Diploma in Cervicocranialomandibular Disorders by the Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences of the Andrés Bello University of Chile and the Official Course of EPTE® Therapeutic Electrolysis: Clinical Treatment in Tendinopathies ", KT1 and KT2 Certificates.
- Payment flexibility - Study aid for continuing studies - Study aid for simultaneity of studies - Aid for having a family member at the Universidad Europea
Universidad Europea of the Canary Islands
Module I. Anatomy and Physiology of Pain. 3 ECTS. (On-line)
• Introduction and organization of the Nervous System - Basic structure of the Nervous System - Central Nervous System: basic concepts • Generalities of the Nervous System - Physiology of the neuron - Ionic channels - Receptors - Neurotransmission systems • Physiology of neurotransmission and pain modulation - Mechanisms of pain transmission and modulation nociceptive - Mechanisms of pain transmission and modulation chronic / neuropathic
Module II. Pharmacology of Pain. 3 ECTS. (On-line)
• General - Pharmacokinetic concepts - Concepts of Pharmacodynamics • Traditional analgesic drugs - Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories - Opioid drugs - Local anesthetics • Coadjuvant and non-traditional analgesic drugs - Antidepressants - Pharmacology of cannabinoids - Pharmacology of Tramadol - Analgesic effect of antiepileptics - Pharmacology of Substance P, Glutamate and Bradikinin - Analgesic drugs that modify the activity of the autonomous system - Analgesics and pregnancy
Module III. Psychological factors of pain: theoretical bases and guidelines for its management. 3 ECTS. (On-line)
• Psychological factors and pain: main theoretical models and psychophysiological bases • Personality processes (cognitive, emotional and behavioral) and pain • Influence of anxiety and depression in the evaluation and treatment of pain: basic guidelines of evaluation and handling in consultation • Beliefs of fear / avoidance, catastrophism and expectations: influence on treatment and management patterns • Adaptation of goals and pace of implementation of the treatment to the characteristics of the patient • Empathy communication skills • Control techniques for pain reduction applicable in consultation
Module IV. Mechanisms and neurophysiological effects of Manual Orthopedic Therapy. 3 ECTS. (On-line)
• History and basic principles of Manual Therapy Orthopedic • Effects of manual therapy on the nervous system nociceptive • Effects of manual therapy on the nervous system nice • Effects of manual therapy on motor activity • Neurophysiological and biomechanical mechanisms of the neuro-dynamic techniques • The role of placebo in manual therapy • Neurophysiological effects of exercise
Module V. Research methodology. 8 ECTS. (On-line)
• Methodology and design of research works • Search of documentation and bibliographic sources • Treatment and analysis of results • Design, application and management of research projects • Development of lines of research and execution of the Master Thesis project
Module VI. Manual Orthopedic Therapy in disorders of spinal column. 9 ECTS.
• Anatomy of the spine and temporomandibular region • Concepts and implications of the biomechanics of the spine and temporomandibular region • Clinical reasoning • Radiological analysis • Diagnostic imaging (ultrasound) • Postural analysis • Pain mechanisms of the spine and region temporo-mandibular • Pathophysiology of pain in different regions of the spine and temporomandibular region • Orthopedic exploration with scientific evidence of the different regions of the spine and region temporomandibular • Orthopedic treatment of spinal pain vertebral and acute and chronic temporomandibular region - Neural focus - Joint focus - Muscular focus - Fascial focus • Motor control and exercise • Kinesiotaping
Module VII. Manual Orthopedic Therapy in disorders of upper member. 9 ECTS.
• Anatomy of the upper limb • Concepts and implications of the biomechanics of the superior member - Scapular waist - Elbow - Doll - Fingers • Clinical reasoning • Radiological analysis • Diagnostic imaging (ultrasound) • Postural analysis • Upper limb pain mechanisms • Pathophysiology of pain in different regions of the superior member • Orthopedic exploration with scientific evidence of the different regions of the upper limb • Orthopedic treatment of upper limb pain acute and chronic - Neural focus - Joint focus - Muscular focus - Fascial focus • Kinesiotaping
Module VIII. Manual Orthopedic Therapy in disorders of lower limb. 9 ECTS.
• Anatomy of the lower limb • Concepts and implications of the biomechanics of the lower member - Hip - Knee - Ankle - Foot • Clinical reasoning • Radiological analysis • Diagnostic imaging (ultrasound) • Postural analysis • Lower limb pain mechanisms • Pathophysiology of pain in different regions of the lower member • Orthopedic exploration with scientific evidence of the different regions of the lower limb • Orthopedic treatment of lower limb pain acute and chronic - Neural focus - Joint focus - Muscular focus - Fascial focus • Kinesiotaping
Module IX. Clinical practice. 6 ECTS.
Module X. Final Master's Project. 7 ECTS
The admission process to attend any of the postgraduate courses of the School can be carried out throughout the year, although enrollment in any of our programs is subject to the existence of vacancies. To complete the admission process, applicants should follow these simple steps:
Application and documentation submission to evaluate the profile of the applicant
Personal interview and profile evaluation
Confirmation of admission
Formalization of reservation and registration
The admission process does not entail any cost for the candidate or any commitment until the reservation is formalized.
Financial aid Graduate
The Graduate School has a complete system of financial aid available to students.
Specific module of 120 hours in institutions and centers of relevance in the field of pain management in hospitals and national and multinational companies, non-governmental organizations and public institutions.
UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF HENARES
HOSPITAL UNIVERSITARIO NIÑO JESUS
FUNDACIÓN ALCORCÓN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL