Bachelor of Science in Nursing
USD 19,070 / per semester
Earliest start date
Prepare for Your Meaningful Career with a Nursing Degree from Gannon University
Gannon University’s nursing program prepares you to enter professional nursing practice with care, confidence, and competence. Our rigorous and engaging curriculum and intentional philosophy create an environment to support individual student needs and goals. The critical role of registered nurses in our health care system is ever-increasing, and so is the demand for highly skilled professionals. Start your journey with Gannon’s Villa Maria School of Nursing and prepare for your rewarding career.
- Learn in a program that has held full approval from the PA State Board of Nursing since 1952.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education since 1965.
- Program flexibility allows you to pursue personal interests including athletics, military appointments, or arts.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key nursing courses including:
- Health Assessment I: Develop an approach for conducting and documenting a comprehensive health assessment while learning to consider variations specific to gender, age, developmental level, and culture. Apply health promotion strategies to identified populations.
- Promoting Health in Child Rearing Families: Apply the nursing process in promoting health in pediatric populations through community-based clinical experiences, including ambulatory clinics, educational, and in-patient sites.
- Comprehensive Nursing Practicum: Synthesize knowledge, skills, and experiences in selected healthcare settings to develop independence in professional practice through this senior nursing practicum.
Learn to Lead the Way in Nursing
- Offer holistic nursing care to individuals, families, groups, communities, and larger populations through a community-based curriculum.
- Benefit from a small student-to-faculty ratio in the clinical setting with nursing faculty who specialize in the area they teach.
- Become directly involved in service-learning opportunities that provide a strong basis for experiential knowledge.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Exhibit caring in professional practice.
- Demonstrate the three fundamental aspects of nursing practice: 1) population-focused health care, 2) health promotion, and 3) care of the sick in and across all environments.
- Demonstrate nursing practice built on nursing knowledge. Theory and research, as well as the ability to adapt and apply knowledge from other fields and disciplines.
- Exhibit critical thinking.
- Incorporate professional values, ethics, and legal aspects into nursing practice.
- Value lifelong learning
Achieve the Possibilities
Our nursing program is designed for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Join graduates who have attained a 100% employment rate.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to complete your licensure exam (NCLEX-RN). Our students have had an average 95% pass rate over the last five years.
- Enter a workforce that is expected to grow to 3.4 million by 2026, an increase of 15% since 2016.
- Earn an average starting salary of $61,500, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.