Master in Medicinal Chemistry
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
EUR 5,157 / per year
Earliest start date
Joint study program, conducted together with Kaunas University of Technology (KTU)
An interdisciplinary field of study and research that combines chemistry, biology, pharmacy, and other branches of science for drug discovery and development. The study program aims to provide knowledge of drug creation, development, and determination of practical significance, and to develop research skills necessary to work in high-tech scientific and industrial companies that develop, manufacture, or supply pharmaceutical preparations.
Why Study Medicinal Chemistry at LSMU
- Joint study program, conducted together with Kaunas University of Technology (KTU): The study program is created by gathering the best experience of LSMU and KTU universities. The implementation of the program is ensured by an excellent material base, which is based on the premises and equipment of the Faculty of Chemical Technology of KTU and the Faculty of Pharmacy of LSMU, as well as the Santaka Valley laboratories with the latest and most modern equipment for the synthesis of compounds, structure analysis and determination of properties.
- Acquired knowledge and skills in both – chemical and biological – side of drug discovery and development. Ability to apply knowledge and practical skills in the areas of targeted search, development, production, quality control, and distribution of medicinal substances.
- Possibility to choose a specialization in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry or Biomedicinal Chemistry.
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 88 different countries make up over 25 % of the total student body at LSMU
- Support system for student adaptation: mentoring, tutoring, and psychological counseling
- Diploma recognized in Europe, the USA, and other countries.
After Graduation You Can:
- apply your knowledge and practical skills in the fields of targeted discovery, development, production, quality control, and distribution of medicinal substances.
- work in research, technological, expert, consulting, and managerial positions in chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnological companies, and scientific laboratories. The pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical biotechnology industry is expanding, drug production companies are establishing their branches all over the world, and therefore the need for such specialists is growing.
- continue your education by entering PhD programs.